2018 Show Review
“There was an overwhelming sense that the people and companies represented there are at the cutting edge, shaping the future of the automotive industry.” This sentiment – voiced by Bentley Motor Cars’ Technical Manager, Raymond McWilliams – was echoed by many of the thousands of attendees who flocked to The Battery Show Europe in May.
- Europe’s biggest battery and H/EV show enjoyed a 54% surge in attendance in second year, confirming its place as the industry’s fastest growing event
- The trade fair hosted 368 exhibitors, including some of the biggest names in the industry such as Volkswagen, Valeo, Continental, Bosch Rexroth, Siemens, LEONI, Voltabox, Panasonic, Akasol, 3M, and more, all showcasing their latest battery and H/EV technology and services.
- The floor space doubled from the trade fair’s inaugural year to a vast 20,000m2, making room to accommodate the high footfall from 6,000+ OEMs, manufacturers, suppliers and stakeholders from a diverse range of markets
- The Product Showcase drew vast crowds to exhibitor stands to see live demos such as Voltabox’s smart modular battery systems and Siemens’ future-orientated battery production. Plus, Paraclete Energy demoed its silicon metal-based SM Silicon, Henkel AG showcased its flexible thermal solutions for EV powertrain, and HUBER+SUHNER impressed attendees with its new high-power charging system boasting charging times below 15 mins.
- In the three-track conference and new pre-conference workshops, 669 delegates from top automotive and battery sector companies vied for seating as crowds assembled to hear industry heavyweights tackle the hottest topics of the moment. Speakers included technical experts from Northvolt, Renault-Nissan, A123 Systems, Johnson Controls, Daimler, TerraE, Toyota, Porsche Engineering, LG Chem and Mitsubishi Motors
Facts and Figures
Videos from The Battery Show Europe 2018
The Battery Show Europe 2018 - The highlights!
Limhi Somerville, Advanced Battery Research, Jaguar Land Rover.
Craig Rigby, Advanced Market & Technology Strategist, Johnson Controls International.
Wasim Sarwar, Senior Battery Systems Engineer, Williams Advanced Engineering.
“The exhibition had a very good mix and high quantity of battery suppliers, which was exactly what I was looking for."
Roman Marx, Engineer, Robert Bosch Battery Systems
“I never experienced such a dense e-mobility know-how and networking opportunities in one place"
Peter Steinbrueck, Development Engineer, Benteler Automotive
“The Battery Show provides a fantastic forum to understand all the latest trends and points of view within this fast-changing and exciting industry.”
Jonas Malmqvist, Purchasing Manager Battery Sales, Ford Motor Company